Who are we?
Birkdale Classics has been providing wedding transport in the Liverpool Preston and Southport areas for nearly 28 years. We have only genuine old classic and vintage cars. We don’t do replicas like Beaufords but there are plenty of wedding car companies who do, it’s just not our thing.
What we do
We do traditional church weddings and all the major venues in and around Liverpool Preston and Southport. Our large cars all have room for the largest wedding dress and at prices to suit every budget. If you are planning a traditional, quirky or wacky wedding theme or you have a professional wedding planner helping you, it’s worth giving us a call. We have been in the wedding car business for a long time, and we have the experience to know how to handle your transport arrangements, which is a vitally important part of your wedding day.
Popular themes at the moment are; Elvis, Las Vegas and 50’s 60's 70's Hollywood retro themes, in which case you must see our crazy Cadillac (it’s not pink, but it is a beautiful pearl cream)!
There is also a lot of help around for the other aspects of your wedding and you may find us in some of the directories and wedding themed magazines. In Liverpool, there are specialist bridal shops, such as The Wedding House in Liverpool, which are always very popular.
Historic Halls we have been to
If you want a historic Hall as your wedding venue, there are quite a few in the area and we have been to weddings at most of them, including these;
Knowsley Hall , St. Georges Hall, Rufford Old Hall, Croxteth Hall, Speke Hall, Meols Hall, Townley Hall, Hoghton Tower, Salmesbury Hall as well as Ness gardens and Port Sunlight on the Wirral
You will need to register your wedding 28 days in advance at your local registry office, many of which are within the Town Hall. We’ve provided transport to all these too;
Southport Town Hall
Liverpool Town Hall
Birkenhead Town Hall
Bootle Town Hall
Preston Town Hall
St Helens Town Hall
Waterloo Town Hall
Liverpool venues we have attended
If you are looking for a hotel or special venue, these are some of the ones we’ve been to in the Liverpool area;
Alicia Hotel. The Athenaeum. The Beatles Story. Blackburne House Group. The Bluecoat. Britannia Adelphi Hotel. Camp and Furnace, Crowne Plaza Hotel. Crowne Plaza Liverpool John Lennon Airport. Devonshire House Hotel. Doubletree Hilton. Epstein Theatre. Everton Football Club. The Feathers Hotel. Hard Days Night Hotel. Hilton Liverpool. Holiday Inn Hotel. Hope Street Hotel. The Isla Gladstone. The Liner at Liverpool. Liverpool Blue Coat School. Liverpool Football Club. Malmaison Liverpool. Marriott Hotel. Merseyside Maritime Museum, Albert Dock. Palm House, Sefton Park. Racquet Club. Radisson Blu Hotel. Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Hall. Sefton Park Hotel. Silvestrian, Vauxhall Millennium Resource Centre. Thistle Hotel, Atlantic Tower. Titanic Hotel and Rum Warehouse. The Venue, Royal Liver Building. The Victoria Gallery and Museum. The Yacht Club. 30 James Street - Home of the Titanic. 60 Hope Street. 62 Castle St. The Sir Thomas Hotel. Liverpool Marina Bar. The Florrie. Solna Hotel . Sefton Park Palm house. Liverpool Naval Club. Aintree Racecourse. Huyton Suite. The Park Hotel. Barbacoa. Suites Hotel Knowsley. Carlton Blundellsands. Millbrook Manor. Raby House Hotel . Village House Hotel. Quality Hotel . The Ship Inn. Blundells Hill Golf Club. Ness Botanic gardens.
If you need wedding transport in Liverpool , Ormskirk , Preston, or Southport or anywhere in Merseyside or Lancashire, Birkdale Classics is the name to remember.
We provide chauffeur driven American Cadillac, Chrysler and Oldsmobile, Rolls-Royce, Bentley, Daimler and VW camper. We have open top cars, silver and black, cream and white cars. We do civil weddings, civil partnerships , gay, themed and unusual weddings.
May we offer a warm pre-wedding invitation to the prospective bride and groom to come and see our cars at any time 7 days a week, 8am to 9pm (by appointment please)
Now to another growing sector, that of the grooms car. Brides are asking what they can buy for the groom, to make it his special day, and of course you can go and hire a supercar like a Lamborghini, Ferrari, Aston Martin or Porsche, but, with a chauffeur, you get one seat! Much more fun is to hire our convertible Oldsmobile or Cadillac, seating 6 or 7 people, so he can really enjoy something with his bestman and other friends.
What do we have to excite the Groom? Well, it could be our 1958 Cadillac, from that outrageous fins and chrome era so evocative of the 50’s rock and roll and Elvis. It seats 7 so can be used for the ushers, family members and maybe Dad too. Or, wind forward to 1970, that wild and carefree life of Woodstock, hippies and free love! Check out our VW Camper, actually not a campervan, but a bus configuration, beautifully finished inside in grey and white with yellow detailing and capable of seating 6 or 7 people. Lastly, and our most recent addition, is the Oldsmobile Delta convertible from 1970, a full 6 seater open car, it is a tribute to the Muscle car era, where gearshift manufacturer Hurst built their own specials on Oldsmobiles to market their products and act as pace cars for the American racetracks. Not as expensive as you may think when hired with a main car.
Check us out online, on Facebook, Twitter, phone or text to 07812 102404 anytime
- Consider your transport needs to and from the wedding;
- Who needs to be included?
- Over the years, we have experienced a kind of priority list,which would be something like this;
- We, of course, cater for civil partnerships as well, for which the above descriptions would be different, but the general order of things will remain.
- Bear in mind, whoever we take to the ceremony, will need transport to the reception venue, if there is to be one. Consider where to pre-place family vehicles for the most efficient usage.
- The timings are of vital importance. We can help to plan these, and if you book with us-which we hope you will!- We will take care of all this planning, and you will have an agreed, detailed itinerary before the wedding so you can relax. When thinking about how many journeys you may need, it is possible for the car(s) to do several runs where distances are short, but always bear in mind the car has to do the return journey between pickups, and there may be delays for photographs and so on.
- Check the route for possible uncontrollable delays, such as traffic lights, level crossings, road works, or known heavily trafficked routes. Again, this will all be considered by us when you book.
- Consider the parking arrangements at the venue. It may be possible to cone off the area outside the venue to allow the wedding cars to pull up and park during the ceremony. It’s amazing how many times the late arriving guest (there is always one) think the space outside the venue has been left just for them!
- You may wish to arrange a minibus, coach or even a vintage double decker for transporting family and guests. Birkdale Classics can help with these and any other specialist requirements, including Helicopters!
- What about transport for the Hen and Stag nights? We can help with those too!
There are a few other considerations, when you are deciding on a transport provider.........
► Make sure you see the cars you are booking. Photos can be manipulated !
You may not get what you thought you were getting!
►Don’t assume they are all the same.
Cheap deals could be an unpleasant surprise!
►Choose someone who has the skills to maintain classic cars and employs considerate drivers;
►Make sure the company has the experience to plan the day for you;
So you don’t have to!
?Bear in mind.... not all wedding cars are genuine Vintage or Classic cars;
If you want a genuine Vintage or Classic car, ask about its history - it's usually fascinating!
►Make sure there is plenty of room....
Don’t get crushed in something too small!
►Make sure the transport arrives in plently of time!
Otherwise, it could lead to unnecessary stress!
We are following government guidelines which may change at short notice. We will change the date for you if your wedding has to be cancelled.